February 14, 2010

The Sandbox (part 2)


In "The Sandbox" part 1, I was talking about my love for photography and how it keeps me coming back for more, like a child returning to their sandbox. Well, here we go again... I'm returning to my sandbox with another picture of an old truck. It's kind of funny in a way, but for me, these old trucks tell a story of how life was not too long ago. Maybe it was a harder life back then, or one of excitement and adventure, but whatever the case may be, there is a story to be found in these old cars and trucks of yesteryear.

The picture of the old fire truck (above) was taken some time ago at Goldfield Ghost Town, which is near the Superstition Mountains, just East of the Phoenix Valley in Arizona.

The Superstitions are another one of my favorite places to wonder around and explore through photography. I have shot there many times, everything from Landscapes to Family Portraits, and every time is like a new adventure, like a child returning to their sandbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment