September 25, 2009

The Sandbox


I shot this image a couple of years ago in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
I’m not sure what it is or why, but there is something about this old bucket-of-bolts truck that I love. It’s not really a great shot, and there is nothing special about it, but for whatever reason I keep coming back to it. Over the past couple of years, I have reworked this image far too many times to recall, turning it from color, to sepia, to b&w, to canvas, and most recently… what you see now.
I have played with different layers, I have applied different textures, I had added simple effects, but in the end, no matter how I change and photoshop the image, it keeps me coming back like a little boy returning to his sandbox… and that’s the beauty of photography and artwork, it should keep you coming back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment